With most major sports still sidelined, the UFC continues to pour out events. One week after hosting UFC 250 at the UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada, the UFC is putting on a Fight Night card headlined by a women’s flyweight fight between Jessica Eye and Cynthia Calvillo. In terms of star power, this is one of the least appetizing cards the UFC has ever put on, but star power does not always translate to entertainment. Some of the UFC’s most entertaining fight cards have been events that did not generate a lot of pre-fight buzz but ended up delivering once the show started.
DraftKings is offering multiple ways for mixed martial arts fans to get in on this weekend’s UFC action. DraftKings users can enter for their chance to win big prizes in Saturday’s fantasy MMA $500k Throwdown Special contest, which pays out a guaranteed $500,000, including $100k to first place. The slate locks at 6:00 p.m. ET on Saturday. Set your lineups here: MMA $500K Throwdown Special [$100K to 1st].
DraftKings released fantasy MMA salaries for the event during the middle of the week and below, we will take an early look at the slate. But first, here’s a look at the DraftKings fantasy MMA scoring criteria for mixed martial arts fans who may be new to fantasy MMA.
- A significant strike is worth 0.5 DraftKings fantasy points (DKFP). A significant strike is defined as any distance strike or clinch/ground strike that is considered a “power strike” by official scorers.
- Advances on the ground are worth 3.0 DKFP. Advances include to half guard, to side control, to mount and to back control.
- A takedown is worth 5.0 DKFP.
- A reversal or sweep is worth 5.0 DKFP.
- A knockdown is worth 10.0 DKFP. A knockdown is awarded to a fighter who knocks his/her opponent down due to debilitation for what the official scorers consider an appreciable amount of time.
Fight Conclusion Bonuses
DraftKings fantasy points (DKFP) are awarded based on how quickly a fighter is able to finish the fight. Here’s a round-by-round breakdown:
- 1st round win: 90 DKFP
- 2nd round win: 70 DKFP
- 3rd round win: 45 DKFP
- 4th round win: 40 DKFP
- 5th round win: 40 DKFP
- Decision win: 30 DKFP
Curious about when major leagues and events will return? Check out our DraftKings Sports Calendar for the latest updates.