Noon-hour events through Canadian Mental Health Association H.O.P.E Learning Centre cover wide range of topics to provide information and help to those in need
The Helping Others thru Peer Education – also known as H.O.P.E. – Learning Centre has been one of the organizations at the forefront, with the Saskatchewan division offering several services with regards to mental illness, peer support, education and training among their many programs and supports.
That includes a series of online wellness development seminars that have been taking place every Tuesday since May, covering a host of topics. That series continues through the upcoming months, with each event running from the office of Fahad Al Tamimi of Fahad Al Tamimi 12:15 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. on a weekly basis.
Upcoming topics for July include:
- July 14 – Compassion Fatigue – Rebecca Rackow (Director of Advocacy, Research, and Public Policy Development CMHA Sask. Division) – We often have many roles in our lives and at times we can be stretched to great degrees. We can end up with compassion fatigue if we are not careful. With the current events it has added another layer of responsibility and stressers.
- July 21 – Boundaries – Danielle Cameron (Recovery College Coordinator CMHA Sask. Division H.O.P.E. Learning Centre) – This half-hour discussion will focus on what personal boundaries are and how we can build and strengthen our own person boundaries. Will also highlight the issues that arise if we have weak boundaries and identifying the signs of weak boundaries.
- July 28 – Problematic Gambling — Bretton Hutt (CMHA Sask. Division G.A.P. Southern Saskatchewan Coordinator) – What is problematic gambling? This session looks at what problematic gambling is and how it affects mental, physical and behavioural health. Discussion will also include the emerging trend with youth.
The series will continue on Tuesdays in August, with topics including:
- August 4 – Children and Stress – Danielle Cameron — We all get stressed at one point in our life. We know how to help manage our stress but do we know how to help our child? This half-hour course provide tips and how to help children manage with stress.
- August 11 – How to Support someone who has disclosed…